Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our First Outing in Beijing






Our family has been in Beijing for one week now. It has been a crazy week learning the ropes and most of all where to find everything but we are getting the hang of things. At least we are over the jetlag. On Saturday we took our first trip into downtown Beijing which is about 20 minutes away. We visited the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. It was really neat to see however the whole time we were surrounded by people taking pictures of us and wanting to touch the kids (especially Zach). Mike kept saying "this is what the animals in the zoo feel like." It was wild! Close to the square is a street market called Wangfujing where we sampled some of China's yummy treats like, scorpion, sea horse, star fish, snake, silk worm, grub, etc., etc. Our kids were so brave, check out our photos and stay tuned...

7 comments:

Kirk and Joan said...

Its great to see photos and know you guys are all doing good. Bri -is that seahorse you're eating? I knew the boys were especially brave (crazy), but you? (well, you did lick an earthworm in D.C., so you were prepared I guess!)

flem-fam said...

WOW! I have to say, I'm not surprised to see your boys eating stuff like that, but I'm impressed you're eating it, Bri!

We had a potluck in the park today. You guys were sorely missed. :(

daveandlisa said...

That is so nasty! I knew that these pictures would be coming though. I would be disappointed if you guys didn't sample some of these tasty treats. You're much more brave than I am.

Amanda said...

I am so glad that things so far are going so well. I can wait to hear more about it. That is crazy that things like scorpion is a treat for them.
I love the new set of transportation.

Nathalie said...

All I have to say is .... Brave, brave family.

AW said...

Oh my, looks wonderful:)

Des said...

So glad you made it safely and it looks like everything is going well. What an adventure! I don't think I could do the whole bug eating thing, but Mark has eaten every part of a chicken thanks to his mission in Taiwan, so I'm sure he would feel right at home! Good luck with everything. Your house is beautiful!